Tuesday 23 February 2021

 Game 3





as you can see there was a lot more terrain this time around. After taking the smaller board size into account I started feeling really boxed in.
We had long table edge deployment zones 10" deep and a 24" field between us.  






My secondary objectives.





Blood Angels deployed as such keeping 2 units of Reivers, 2 units of Suppressors and the Gladiator off the table.



Conscripts.

Conscripts and small knights

More conscripts and even more knights big and small. 
The big one was his warlord. 

5 Intercessors in the ruined building across the field.

Outriders next to that same building.



Intercessors in the building, Repulsor and Inpulsor next to them laded with units and heroes.


Crash crash crash. the knights move up very fast to start shooting and set for that open objective.


The small knight shuffle around and shoot.

Conscripts hustle up to the objective. 

Vehicles advance and move to use the big building to block los.
Frag launchers unload 30 shots at the conscrips blowing a bunch to red chunky bits. 
Out riders which had beeh just behind the second building advanced up to also take the los blocking spot. 



You can see how few conscripts were left by that objective.
This turn the Blood Angels took a massive beating with the loss of a full intercessor squad on my left and 2 out of 3 out riders next to them. 
The tight terrain and his shooting felt like this was going to be over quickly.


He continued his advance taking that objective on my far left and doing what he could to kill me. On my half of turn 2 all of my off table units arrived. 
I tried to work the far right but aside from conscripts didn't seem to be in a position to do a heck of a lot. Death company and the LT dismounted and shot conscripts. the Death Company then charged. My Chaplin, Librarian and Intercessors dismounted the Repulsor which then turned around to try to kills some small knights, I had thought I had LOS to the big knight, His warlord. 
My gladiator had also come onto the table on my far left behind hid knights to target the warlord. 
I had figured between the two that was 12 D6 worth of damage if it got through. Sadly I misunderstood the terrain and was forced to target 2 of the smaller knights nearly killing 1 and badly wounding the other. My impulsor would shoot one of his small knights but take 6 wounds in return. things were not really going all that well. 
Oh, My Reivers landed in two placed the squad on my far left failed their charge having planned to charge the conscripts. 


He's turning the flank and taking objectives. Knights are probably much better than AM tanks. 


My second out rider squad had launched a charge at the small knight in the center but was down to the Sgt. The asault has put some wounds down on the small knight so all was not lost. 


Not in the picture would have been my Gladiator, bottom leftish. 
The gladiator threw shots at the warlord knight but didn't do much as it had an Invulnerable save. 
One of those two Orang knights charged it, destroying it and landing into my reivers, the conscripts had also assaulted. The Reivers killed a few conscripts but seemed stuck in a fight they wouldn't win. 


The outriders hopes for the best. 


Conscripts move up to block all that area and shoot at the Death Company.


Bothe of these small knights charge the Repulsor. 
Oh, well. I missed my overwatch or just didn't do enough with it. The Repulsor dies in fire but doesn't explode.


These Reivers are in trouble! 
Gurilla tactics will deliver the survivors to a better location. 


Down the just the Outrider Sgt now. 

Intercessors move to the objective but now I begin to wonder if they could have been in range from inside the los blocking terrain... Reivers hide out to avoid being shot at. 
An AM officer would run past them attempting to score a touchdown but would be gunned down by my enthusiastic LT. 

(  I recall spending a bunch of CP's, that explains all the cards. )

My suppressors attempt shots on the same small knight as before and the Impulsor tries to much back around to fire and provide some support.
You may notice two knigts are missing. 
One was shot down, it was on it's last one or two wounds. the other as slaughtered by my Chaplin who was more than ready for some holy slaughter. The Chaplin would then consolidate into the combat with the other small knight and the outrider sgt. saving that SGT and killing the knight in the next round of fighting.
 


Here's that fight from above.


Ive a reiver on one objective and the big oll' knight warlord is deciding to finally move up to take it and possibly finish off my warlord, the Chaplin. The Chaplin had taken 2 or 3 wounds already. 


Small knight holding the objective watching the other fight, probably placing a bet. 

Here we go!
The warlord had moved up killed my lone Reiver sgt and taken the objective. 
Gurilla tactics again plopping Reivers in a position to contend or score.
Loaded with all the buffs available my Chaplin rolls into combat hitting on 2's and wounding on 4's and smashes the huge knight down to a single wound... 
The Knight is not amused and kills the Chaplin.



The outrider Sgt has moved up to take the objective/contest it. He shoots and charges the Small Knight. 
They'll be locked in a stalemate till the end. 


A single wound remains. 

No picture but..
The Chaplin was slain. the Warlord Knight gets into close combat with the Reivers killing 3 of them. 
In my shooting phase they pop the knight with their pistols, two hits two wounds and a single failed save. My Opponent was out of Cp's, no reroll. 




I'm sure I forgot something, some where in there I blew up one of his small knights which dished out several mortal wounds to 3 other knights. very cool. I finally felt like maybe things weren't as bad as I had thought. 

As you can see above I didn't win. 
I do feel like I was more plugged into what was going on than in the last two games. 
My list seems to have done at best ok but not really very well for several reasons. 
I'm looking forward to the next game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment