Thursday 29 April 2021

I tried to play a full game by my self. Battle Report


I had a battle by my self today.... There's no way to make that not sound wrong.

Orks V Blood Angels.

My Ork Brigade list vs my last BA battalion list.

Notes. I set up the table, loaded it with terrain and immediately discovered I had done it wrong.
I went back and followed all the steps.


ooops.


From the list of games designed for 2000 point armies I roll number 6 and set up the objective markers after deciding which of the table corners would be deployment zones. remember this happens before you set up terrain so it doesn't change anything.

After that I rolled two dice a red shit dice for my Orks, like always and a B&C dice for the BA's. BA's were the attacker as they rolled better Orks started the trudge of setting up. he BA's ran out of units faster than the Orks. The table felt small and cramped.


BA's win the roll off ​for first turn and have a quick turn, not as many Orks died as I had expected. I fudged he cover a bit because I had no clear idea of what else to do to handle the situation vs los for shooting. Hardly mattered.

Orks had a quick turn moving advancing and a small bit of shooting not doing a whole bunch yet.

My mob of not quite 40 boys failed a 10" charge roll.

BA's shoot a bunch of boys from the big mob and claim another 2 objectives giving them 4 2 on turn 1 and now two more. All the off table units drop on or roll on. They shoot lots of Ork boys, slay a Mek gun and a Deff Dread, which doesn't explode. The Repulsor dumps all 30 of it's frag grenade things into my big mob, every one who can shoot at that mob. The mob take a big slapping but stays above 20 models. The Gladiator and Impulsor make and easy charge into the big mob to gum up the works if it goes well the death Company will rush in and shred the rest of the boys.

Lots of Orks were dead not the Deff Dreads had moved up the right side and had made two charges freeing and claiming 2 objective the Mek guns zapped away killing 5 Reivers up on a roof, easily slaying them all. The war boss had the bright idea to rush the Repulsor, the Warphead jacked him up with some kinda crazy Ork spell and the Warboss made his 5" charge, after the grot ran in first to make sure it was safe. The Warboss attacked and hit 10 times wounding 10 times and the Repulsor needed 10 6+ saves making all of The Repulsor took 27 points of damage but failed to explode. The Orks now had yet another objective.
Just madness.

The Chaplin, Librarian and a squad of 5 might Intercessors piled out of the vehicle wreckage, the Warboss consolidated into them. I have no idea if that's a legal move or not. The Intercessors made their attacks and put a wound or the Warboss.

In preparation for dealing with the Warboss the Librarian failed to cast might of heroes on the Chaplin but managed to roll an 11 for his smite again the war boss and then like 6 damage. Some how or other the Warboss had taken all his wounds and died. The gladiator and Impulsor would be destroyed in close combat the gladiator on the Orks previous turn, or nearly and the Impulsor had been on it's last wound both would be destroyed but not explode.

The BA's had turned the flank but so had the Orks.

The Dreads finished off every unit they met finally the suppressors were taken down, the furthest dreads last combat all was cleaned up on the right side of the table now.

Grots held an Objective and a dread held another but left those duties to another mob of boys who had dismounted their trukk to chase the big mob attempting to join that gang.

The big mob had already taken in yet another mob filling it's numbers back up to about 30 again. They were on the move charging the Librarian who was quickly slaughtered. The mob then consolidated into the squad of Intercessors the War Boss had tagged earlier, the intercessors killed a few Orks, the Orks then got to fight yet again at the end of the phase killing all 5 Intercessors and consolidating, yet again, into 5 more Intercessors, who had been on the BA's home objective all game.

I stopped the game at that point the BA's had maybe 17 models left on the table the Orks seemed to be beyond counting.
Over all I was really impressed with the Orks and this list was better and more fun than I had expected. The Bubble chukkas were amazing for 1 turn.
I streamlined the Bubble chukkas rules and that played very smoothly. Basically I roll the number of shots, then rolled to hit then rolled the St rolled to wound, rolled the AP saves were attempted then rolled the damage. Like betting blind all the way through, it's faster to play that it may sound.

Feeding the big boys mob worked as I had hoped and let me do stuff all over the table and not waste models too much. The whole point of this list is to build a green tide. I found keeping a the first mob up to 30 for nearly the whole game was far more powerful and just way stronger than I had expected i would be. 
In a future list change I may drop the KFF Big Mek for a second weird boy so I can try to add Warpath to the big mob. 

I'm also thinking about adding more shoota boys. As I found no downside to adding them to a slugga boys mob when mobbing up. I am only ever getting about 10 or so models in fighting range and they can always be slugga boys and nobs the shootas contribute a bit more than expected, in a huge big mob. 

One other thing that happened. I forgot about one squad of BA's, 5 intercessors, all game. they just stood off behind a building. The did move and shoot on turn 1 but I forgot they were their after that.

I did pick secondary objectives but wasn't able to keep track of the mission and the secondary objectives at all, noting past trying to take objectives and keep them.

I guess it doesn't matter really.









Above ^^^^
The battlefield at the end of the game.

.

A few of my other new terrain features, and some Blood angels.


The  double can silos on the left are the newest, not done but "battle ready", if you will.


The paint pot is a neon sign now. GW will advertise anywhere in the forty-first Melininininum. 




The Orks Brigade



The Blood Angels Battalion

No comments:

Post a Comment