Sunday 3 April 2022

Harlan in a hammock.

 Finally another post. 
I've not done anything really fun for a few days and last night I managed to get an idea and put it to paper.
No idea what I'll do with this one just now. 


These are the same picture. I went over the sketch with a few Micron pins sizes 01,03 ,05


Harlan owns a barn in the town of Newfort located in the Silver Marches.
It seemed like a good investment and I hope to turn it into a some kind of small business in town.
Maybe as a warehouse for goods or portion off part for a blacksmith shop. 
I have a few small ideas like that for it.

In a back corner Harlan has put up a stickup made from rope and sail cloth, a sort of ten inside the barn. He sleeps in a hammock because it cost very little and has outfitted his "back corner office and living quarters" as effectively as he could on a very small budget.  He's bought quilts made by the ladies in Newfort, owns a folding campaign table and a few merroirs. It's all just enough to get him by when he's in town. Harlan's not a wealthy wizard and is usually away for work. 



This one started a little weird. 
I'd for some reason thought about a picture of Mr. Gone sitting cross legged from one of the later issues of The Maxx. ( Because of course...)
I didn't know at that time just what I'd do with that.
The sketch itself seemed really light, I'm using a 0.9 MM mechanical pencil.
on the right side the led started to rub and smudge. But I put it on very lightly so maybe it's related.
The body structure came together extremely easily. It's always nice when you don't have to fight with the lines and the placement.  Not a lot more to say about that really. I guess I'd not really attempted to draw in a little while. The Ink went on very easily I used the 03 as my base side and shaded with the 01 and hardly used the 05.  I might color it in with colored pencils. or I may add more details to the picture as I figure out what's missing. Maybe one of Harlan's large Merroirs but only if it fits without drastically changing the picture. 

                                                    Any way, thanks for having a look. 

  No model painting right now and I am actually considering selling all my 40K models so there may be several posts of painted armies so I can put them on ebay. No timeline for that just now.

                                                                 More again.

No comments:

Post a Comment