Wednesday 1 December 2021

Battle report game 8?

Tuesdays game. 
My good friend drove down to the house to roll some dice.
He's been wanting to face off against my Freedonian assault Korps for a while and this was to be their first actual outing. 
The F.A.K. has been a project a over year in the making. I was very glad to finally put them on the table.

The mission was Overrun form the GT mission set. 
I chose list two, from the previous post but I think I may have had an unnoticed error in that list, one infantry squad too many. Didn't matter really. (I mean, I know, that one squad will totally win me the day right? )

++Notes.++
This may be long winded and less game focused than hobby focused.(It's possible and probable.)
My games are social events now as I am no longer able to play enough to remain competitive.
That said I do try. However, the hobby side of the house is 90% my focus now days. due to travel time and free time availability. 
Just wanted to put that out there before things take of in this post. 

That's the table set up from two sides. 
I remember getting the terrain out and thinking good lord, the table's too small! 
We used his objective markers, I measured the ones I made against his and they're the right size! Nearly dead on. His however, weigh more and are more flexible. I'd make a new set if I could find the same material in a store for a good price. I may still try to do that in future.


Behold my tactical super-generosity and brilliant tactical foresight.
That's right I parked my Malcador Defender in a tight corner, because I am a genius. (Ya,...No.)



   
My forced were deployed to attempt to hid my squishy conscripts and screen my Wyvern, which was deployed center to grant me table coverage for its shooting. 
I also deployed two cyclops on it's left behind cover as a nasty surprise and force protection.
The Eversor assassin was completely unnecessary in this list and misplayed. I should have set him in reserves along with my death riders units. 
This is a mist step I made too many times I needed more foot infantry to come on the table on the other side of the field and realized it too late.


The Sister of Battle force was made up of Robot Nuns of all variety.
So, I really don't like these. They irk my nerves as imop they are just obnoxious when there are that many of them.  My Opponent loves them because for him they are everything he wanted from Imperial Knights that Imperial knights don't provide, terrain interactions that don't work against him. 
That's fair. still these death bot nuns move extremely fast and drop more dice than they need to drowns targets under buckets of armour saves and, heavy bolters, at 2 damage may well be the best weapon in the game. (When fielded in bulk, which the sisters do.)



This is another reason terrain placement is important as is reading the table before picking a side. I took that long ruin to hid behind he took the terrain that let him immediately control 3 objectives from the word go. 
Terrain had been the biggest factor for improving the games of 9th edition and I still feel like we could use a little more on the table, I'm thinking about that even now... 












Sisters took turn 1, going first. Moving out the gain ground, work on secondary objectives and what nots. 


My first big losses were half an infantry squad. 
This was not so bad, we discovered how this kind of cover works. Remember the terrain stuff from above. I am thinking about a few more of these low walls. 



On my first turn the Freddonians dropped a lot of heat Those bots. My opponent felt a tad uneasy about that. Good! 
He's already wiped out my missile launcher teams on his turn.


My Conscripts move out to take the objective and screen for my Eversor assassin 
The Eversor Assassin... that guy...




More Death bot nuns moving right up the road shooting conscripts to bloody bits. 
It's what they do! 



Center of the Sisters lines moving up the table.



I'd killed a few of those walkers two remain. 



Here we go, more terrain stuff. 
Ok, so it wasn't clear to me that we were playing first floor blocks los. I thought were using actual rules from the book when we set up. That's on me and I didn't let it frustrate me. It did just take me by surprise. We should have been more clear. This is part of setting up the table.  Pre turn one stuff.


DEATH BOTS! 
Vs 
Conscripts!
We all know how this ends. 


The center elements hang a left.


The two surviving Nun bots ready to pounce on my infantry holding an objective. they didn't charge because the terrain would have slowed them down.



These have Multi-Meltas


The cam out of the building to hunt my cleverly placed Malcador.
I tried to speed bump them with my infantry but it didn't work so much.


My left flank is collapsing my assassin.. that guy. 
well, he's a drug addict. He had a Frank Reynolds moment and started blasting, but he don't see too good.
The he charged but, he 's out of breath so he doesn't fight too good. then he explodes but he don't hit too good, I think he failed to explode or something. 



My infantry had merged to help hold the objective but the heavy bolters were too much. 


After slaying my infantry the Bots tagged my Malcador.
I should have fallen back to protect the tank but then I had also meant to have a pile of conscripts screening it. twice the oops.



My Grenadier squads. managed to pull R.O.D. on both my left and right flank because scoring points was more important than not scoring points. But were poorly used on my part.


The sisters art not making a strong push onto my left flank. the flood of death bots is exactly what I had expected.


The Malcador destroyed the Nuns begin to slaughter my Grenadiers.


Objective contested, there goes the score.


The living saint. How I hate her. 
She and her friends swoop in for a charge taking another objective out of play for me.
My, if only I can launch my dirty trick. well, I hope it works anyway.



These Grenadiers pulled R.O.D. on turn two, should have done it on turn one. now they will die.
Very sad.  


This Cyclops is exactly 6" away from the Living Saint. Big-batta-boom. 
Noting remarkable happens. 


Ditto.


All the Death Riders arrive on turn three. 



These Riders attempt to save my Medusa which had been on it's last wound for 2 turns now. 



Surviving death bots remember that  one of my officers is behind them and are ready to end his careers early. 
Freedonian SGLI pays out triple of they die at the hands of the Sisters of Battle. So there's that.





These death Riders earn some points for line breaker and hide out instead of rushing the enemy.




There's one Infantry Sgt. under all them death bot nuns.
"To shreds you say".


Death Rider command arrives with no good spot to help.



The Medusa is finally destroyed.


The Wyvern destroyed as well.


We called it a game and talked out the next turn. 
Final score 43 to 97. 
Nearly a perfect score for the Sisters of Battle. 
A rough day for the Freedonians.  

Shockingly I didn't get any pictures of my RLD's. Which I like very much.
Lots I would like to do differently next time. List changes, deployment changes and hopefully better dice rolls. I once again rolled far bellow average. 
BOOOO! 


Hope this was enjoyable.
Thanks for reading! 

Haile Haile Freedonia! 
The F.A.K. will be back.






No comments:

Post a Comment