Friday 21 January 2022

Remembering Dave and The death Guard project Masters of the Blood pit of Horrors.

 The time is right to share my current project. I'll be working to bring this army back to life tis year.

Most of this was mine and had been sold sometime around 2005. I have no recollection of selling it, rather I know I did but don't remember who I sold it to.  This army comes back to me now all these years later under some unfortunate circumstances. One of my long time friends a Mr. David Drake passed away on 20 December last year. He had a house full of models and games. He was a pillar of out gaming community. I'd rather have Dave back even though I hadn't seen him in years and only chatted with him on line in recent years. Dave was just an awesome dude. We, He, I and a hand full of others were the founding members of the Jacksonville Guardians back in 2003. He was the first club president. We'll all miss Dave.
I know a lot more could be said but I do need to push on with this post. 

This army was built from the "old" Chaos Codex 3.5! 
I'm goin to bring this up to par this year and in doing so buy as little new models as is reasonable. There are a lot of nice new models for sure but well, you'll see.























Out of all of these Plague Marines these old Metals are in my eyes superior to the newer, but still old, plastic and metal models. I'll part with the plastic and metals if that means I can bring in the new plastics but only as few as is reasonable. 


I recall spending much time on this defiler and would like to add more demonic engines in the ling run.



Metal Daemon princes (Two Princes...Spin doctors jokes?) 
Two metal Great Unclean Ones! Mine was the one on the left. 


7 TDA. Made from metal Chaos Terminators and old Metal Grey knight terminators. 


Daemon Prince made from an old Metal Obliterator. 



Metal Chaos Dread. May have parts around for another one. No plans for the possible second yet.





Chaos Spawn! 
I mashed these up with green stuff bits wire and hot glue and wiffel balls.
I do hope to bring these back to life and use this huge one as a proxy for a named daemon that eats models, can't recall that monsters name just now. 

Any whooo. That's it for now. 


1 comment:

  1. I know we are all going to miss David, but I really do believe that he's happy knowing his hoard was given to his friends.

    I look forward to seeing this across the table one day

    ReplyDelete