Monday 11 April 2011

Not too much of an up date.


Hello again. I had a grate weekend! 3 days off of which I think I spent around 20 hours painting ..maybe more! Just how is this not much of an update? well Not many pic's were taken I tried to shoot a you tube clip.. fail? not sure.loads of footage to fix still for a wannabe batt rep. and then their is the painting. I worked on my armour! my rhinos , land raiders and storm raven. Still have to get those speeders done. what has it been now ...a year?.. maybe so.

My problem has been with solid color on my armour. it looks very ..wrong. my troops are dark but with a light over brushing and a wash to darken them down again. on the vehicles the look too light and ..well silly. this new look is following Mr. Darthburn's way of painting. I wont clam any inside knowledge or anything but I have always liked his layering..very dawn of war looking. very cool.
so as a noob this is my attempt to apply his ways. I am worried he may get upset when he sees them.. but I hope he is flattered at my attempt.
Pic's soon. Oh ya the big table project is done!



More painting incoming soon. Templars an I.G. update very soon..ish and maybe some free hand.

Thanks for putting up with another dose of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment