Saturday 1 August 2015

Weeks end post.

This week was very unproductive. My headmovies were broken down and I felt rotten. But what no matter. I still have Orks on my table that are slowly coming along. But not today.
Today I am mucking about cleaning my brushes and looking through my stock of hobby stuff.
My good friend called me this morning and has asked to buy the Tau at the end of the month. He's just be burned by a "local painter" he knows and thought was his friend. I heard about his troubles not long ago. It's a shame really. I am glad my friend has woken up to the fact that his money belongs to him and he can take it where ever he wants. I have been telling him this for a few years now. I don't live hand to mouth, paycheck to paycheck. I can turn down a commission and not worry about loosing money. Typically I don't turn many projects down unless I just have too much going on to take on a project. We spoke about the TAU today and he isn't committed to anything until tells me he is sure he wants it at the end of the month. That gives me plenty of time to finish up a few models and bases.  I very nearly gave it to him. But that would be silly. As much as I like the idea of just giving him an army ..... Not that one. Really I like the thought more than the action of giving. It's a fanciful idea. It is also not realistic. That army should command a good price and we have worked out our price. I'm good with it and he can make a few payments after the first down payment. He's good for it. The real question is can I hold onto that money until I'm paid in full. Not easy to do. But like most of my armies this one will just buy a new one, what ever it will be. For my own collections I have a huge back log of mini's to work through and I plan to paint them all. Things just take time.
I've sent out some PM's today and have a game set for Sunday..it's been two months and I needs my fix. I hope that a good game or two will help reset my mind and fill me with motivation.

I'm starting to find a little interest in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. I may order a set. The plan would be to treat it as a board game and not collect much beyond the boxed sets. (I expect a campaign set before the end of they year or early next year.)

I guess that's it for now. I plan to get some pictures of the battle tomorrow and maybe a small report.
The Wolves are headed to battle!
Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment