Saturday 19 June 2010

Friday night fights!

So I got 2 games in last night! One at 1000 points and the second at 1500 points.
My list for game 1 was a master of runes in TDA ,a wolf priest, a lone wolf, a long fang pack, a blood claw pack and a grey hunter pack and 3 typhoon speeders each their own "pack" VS Imp Guard.
He had 3 squads of vets and a company command in Chimera as well as 2 Leman russ tanks.
He was very worried about my typhoons. We stole the first turn! and moved up the right side of the board as quick as the blood claws could go followed by the grey hunters. The plan was the rune master would lead the blood claws giving them the storm caller the grey hunters were shielded by the blood claws to get a cover save..(yes I love the good old ork tricks!) by turn 2 the blood claws were assaulting a Chimera that had become immobilized on some rocks! the foot push should never have worked due to the mobility of the guard. on the left I has the lone wolf run across the board and rend a battle tank to bits! It exploded! also their was a lot of shooting! and a lucky? plasma cannon drift missed its target (a Chimera) and struck another transport! crazy drift! no damage was done and the packs heavy bolters fire on the intended targets side armor ripping the tank apart it Explodes! The over all game went the way of the Wolves! and we won! My opponent has not played an a long while and was a little out of practice. In open terrain it would not have been a good day for the wolves.

We had a very exciting game. And are thinking about slugging it out over a trench board some time.

Game 2 was against one of the shops newer gamers. He has been playing of a few years and paints very well. This game was a lot more formal we rolled up Kill points played dawn of war!
My list added 3 more speeders changing into 3 squadrons of 2 all matched 2 of typhoons and 1 of tornados. and added 1 more grey hunter pack and an extra long fang pack. and a dreadnought.

I think my list was really off...it was late. not too sure at the moment.. However, the second long fangs did nothing except move on to the board and get flanked as soon as they arrived and lost to the gods of the north! howling savage war cries!
Which is still no excuse for a bad list. the first pack moved into a building and shot all of2 heavy bolters and over heated their plasma cannon one tome and moved to get a good position..for all of the game..and doing not much more than move in a building... so sure looks like I was over points more than a little but they at least did not and a gaining effect on the game for me.

So now the good stuff! my rune master smoked his defiler as it arrived with living lightning! Crack! KA boom! it exploded! I had not seen that done before and was not sure of the chances. My 200 point venerable dreadnought Slue a biker squad and a squad of Khorn bezerkers! and stuck in with a squad of chosen ! only losing his power fist! He work his armored ass off! Proving to be a true warrior of Russ! His demon prince sees that we are holding up in a building and comes to get my rune priest and the grey hunters he was leading.! But the murderous hurricane saves us and he must roll to charge in and he rolls 1,1 ! cant move..... The Damon is sent back to the warp full of bolter holes! ARRRRR! wounded 9 times and once with a plasma pistol! between the bolters and the hurricane he was hit just so many times and on his last 2 wounds.
The last few turns see me attempt a ram on a rhino with a very crippled Speeder...which was stupid..Both vehicles were wrecked giving up a kill point as well as earning one. The tornadoes prove that rending is still frighting! as the shred his land raider! it explodes! it was a bit of a gamble for sure but it massively paid off. the game was called at the end of turn 5 leaving an obliterater wounded his chosen stuck in with my venerable Dreadnought and about 10 or 12 chaos marines to face my remaining army.. This is where the Long fangs in the building would have made their money eating the survives of his army at long range which would have left his chosen to be dealt with by my remaining ground troops the 4 blood claws and wolf Priest the closest to that combat and my grey hunters who would have loved to over power the 2 chaos marines in front of them leaving the land speeders free to glide forward to suppress and kill the last chaos squad..10 strong? maybe and safely earning me the game....So That was how I saw turn 6 and maybe 7 but we will never know. To correct my list I will drop a long fang pack and slim down my speeders I want a fair game it keep the games fun.(For both players) I think I may have been more than 100 point over. The performance of the Just 1 typhoon has been mind blowing. They are just amazing.

I am so glad I got to play. I am very much looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment