Thursday 13 February 2014

Necrons another weeks work. Thursday.

Not a whole lot new and exciting right now. This week was spent painting a lot of infantry sized mini's. That tends to take a lot of time. I still have quite a bit to do. 20 Deaths Marks 20 Immortals 10 Lych Guard and 10 tryark Praetorians. as well as 70 Necrons warriors, that fit into the Ghost Arks.
 It's all just part of the process. next these and most all of the other units will get their first black wash. after that is complete their is a touch up of lighter silver and then on to the glow effects. I have spent some time working on the C'tan shards. with 2 more unopened. I will have to spend a few days working on the bases for all the vehicles, I have yet to mess with them. Shouldn't be too bad.





The C'tan.
Still have a ways to go. but we are getting their.
The thing I am shooting for is a strong base color for the mini' and once it's good and happy work on the glow But. The big thing is don't loose the details , like those chiseled abs.



I have actually used magenta ink airbrushed on to build a strong base for the red to orange color blend.
This is a first time trying this but I like how it is coming out.



This green guy is a little silly. I only say that because it's a color I would expect to see it painted in.
But were going to try to push it out to yellow an white again once the base colors are solid and strong on their own then I will work on the glow.


Glow is an effect that their are so many ways to create.
This is most likely one of the easier.
But the important thing is that it fits whit what I have already done and that will create the correct feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment