Friday 14 February 2014

Necrons C'tan colors creative. wip

This is a middle step. these were black washed before this.

Today I decided to work with ink. The black wash left this one a dirty almost brown color.
I have talked about building my colors before I add the glow, this is an attempt to do that with out leaving these guys as big balls of glow colored ...things.
I "black lined" the muscles with magenta ink then layered some areas with orange then yellow inks. 
I did go back with the Orange to tone down the yellow.
seen in the lase two pictures.






I'm not a huge fan of all this green. The big reason for that is it seems like an expected color set.
like just about every one will paint them. The easy out.


So playing with ink once again I layered on green ink and after that yellow ink. and then watered down green ink.



Not bad so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment